Your First Class
Welcome to Bikram Hot Yoga Missouri City! Find all the information you need here to prepare you for a rewarding practice and an experience that will change your life . . . Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Bikram yoga was designed for beginners! You don’t need any yoga experience and you don’t have to be in shape or flexible to take your first class. Every class is intended for beginners as well as experienced practitioners. You will quickly feel right at home in our friendly and comfortable studio.
- There is no need to make a reservation or appointment- just arrive 15-20 minutes early so you have plenty of time for registration. Please download, print, and bring your registration form in with you. If you are under 18 you must have a parent signature on your registration form.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day before coming to class to make sure you're well hydrated. Good hydration supports healthy function of all your body’s systems and makes the heat feel more comfortable.
- Do not eat heavily within 2 hours of class. If you must eat, a banana, fruit or nuts is best.
- What do I bring? A yoga mat and a large bath towel. If you don't have these items we have them for rent and sale. We also sell yoga clothing, water, and other drinks. Bring your energy & determination!
- What do I wear? Dress in cool, comfortable clothes. No long sleeves or pants please. We sell clothing specifically designed for hot yoga, for both men and women.
- Take a moment to read the etiquette page to ensure that you and the people around you will feel comfortable in the yoga room.
- Feeling nervous? It's normal. You're trying something new and you know it will be challenging. Remember that everyone had their first Bikram yoga class. Chances are there will be another first-timer in the room with you! The teacher will instruct the class to focus in the mirror on themselves- so don't worry, no one but the teacher will be looking at you.
- Come back as soon as possible! Taking your second the class within 24 hours of your first is highly recommended. The heat will help break up lactic acid buildup on your muscles to reduce soreness you may experience from your first class. Taking classes close together rather than with long breaks in between will help you achieve the results you’re looking for much sooner and gain maximum benefit. So make up your mind to come as often as possible! Bikram recommends taking your first 10 classes in 30 days or less, then no one has to tell you how good this yoga is for you.
Still have questions? Check out the FAQ's. And now you're ready for your first class! Pick a convenient time and come see us as soon as possible. We look forward to meeting you!